Dark blue, light blue and gold are the basic colors of our logo.The Lion in our Logo symbolizes Thomas’s faith and courage and the book here depicts our teaching and learning process. ANIMO ET FIDE is our theme and below is our name.St. Thomas Church is the origin of our origin The cross above is used to symbolize it
School Pride Song
Named after Mgr. Augustine Pancrazi OSB (1877-1922). He was not a Bishop, but the Abbot of the Benedictine Monastery at Ampitiya, Kandy
Named after Mgr. Bede Beckmeyer OSB, Bishop of Kandy (1912-1935). He had connection with Matale as boy and a young man as his mother was in charge of girls in the English section in school
Named after Mgr. Clement Pagnani OSB, (1834-1911); Bishop of Kandy
Named after Rec. Fr. Pius Fernando, late monsignor, who was Parish Priest of Matale from 1880 1929
The school was established in 1873 under the verandah of the church, with 75 Boys and 12 Girls. In 1876 the Headmaster, B. Emmanuel, split the school into two, a Boys’ School and a Girls’ School. The headmaster of the Boys’ School, Leo de Silva Rev, was a diocesan priest from Negombo, who from 1880 to 1930 built the old row of trellis walled class rooms which still stands today. In 1881 the School was recognised for teaching of English. K. D. Fernando become Principal in 1881.
in 1901 the present Robinson Memorial hall was built on a land donated by John Croos of Negombo In 1904. Joseph Gregory Perera, an old boy of the School joined as a pupil teacher and retired in 1946. He was popularly known as “Joseph Master”. The head masters during his time were J. M. Direckse, A. S. Scharnignivel, L. D’w. Jayasighe, C. J. Rodrigo and Charles Robinson. Robinson was installed as head master on 1 September 1923. He retired as principal in 1958. Cadet Platoon (Junior) inaugurated on 10 December 1938 under the charge of J. B. Madasekara, Later E. A. Perusinghe, who was a Lieutenant took over cadetting.
The Scout Troop 3rd Matale was inaugurated in 1935 with F. de S. Gunawardena as Scout Master and S. B. Pamunuwa as his Assistant, when Robinson retired he was succeeded by George Denlow, who left the School after a short stint and he was replaced by B. J. Perera.